- Cities in Transition: Urbanism in Byzantium between Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages. Oxford: British Archaeological Reports-Archeopress, 2009.
- Ö.Çaykent-L.Zavagno (eds.).The Islands of the Eastern Mediterranean: a History of Cross-cultural Encounters. London-New York: I.B. Tauris, 2014.
- Ö.Çaykent-L.Zavagno (eds.), “People and goods on the move.” Merchants, Networks and Communication Routes in the Medieval and early Modern Mediterranean, Salerno: MKCH Book Series (forthcoming 2016)
- Cyprus between the Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages in progress (ca.600-ca.850 D.), An Island in Transition. London: Routledge, 2017.
- Byzantine Insular World: beyond the periphery, ARC Medieval Press-University of West Michigan (under contract).
Edited Journal Volume:
- Co-editor (with T. Khoo and V. Marotta): “Mediterranean Worlds: Cultures Issue of Interpretation. Proceedings of the I MedWorlds Conference, Famagusta 3-6 June 2009.” Journal of Intercultural Studies 31(3) 2010.
Peer-reviewed Articles and Book Chapters:
- M. Decker-L.Zavagno, “Village and Countryside”. In Cambridge Handbook of Byzantine Archaeology (CEBA) (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press)(Under Contract)
- Geç Antik ve erken Ortaçağ arasındaki ‘Orta Ground’ olarak Kıbrıs (650-850 CE).” In Toplumsal Tarih Dergis (2016)
- “Salamis-Constantia and the Cypriot early Middle Ages”. In The Northern Face of Cyprus, eds. L.Summerer-B. Kizilduman. Istanbul: Yapi Kredi (2016).
- “’A wonderful city of palms and dates’: Salamis-Constantia in Transition from Late Antiquity to the Early Middle Ages”. In Mediterranean Historical Review (forthcoming, December 2014).
- “At the Edge of two Empires: the Economy of Cyprus between the Late Antiquity the Early Middle Ages (650s-800s A.D.)’. In Dumbarton Oaks Papers 67 (2011-12): 121-56.
- “Two hegemonies, one island: Cyprus as a “Middle Ground” between the Byzantines and the Arabs (650-850 A.D.)”. In Reti Medievali – Rivista, XIV, 2, 2013. url<http://www.rmojs.unina.it/index.php/rm/article/view/401> [retrieved 01.11.2013].
- “Coinage and Economy in Cyprus in the age of Transition (ca. 600- ca. 850 A.D.)”. In Proceedings of the First International Congress of the Anatolian Monetary History and Numismatics, 25-28 February 2013, ed. Ö. Tekin. Istanbul: AKMED (in press).
- Ö.Çaykent-L.Zavagno, “Introduction: Cross Cultural Encounters in the Mediterranean”. In “Fostered by Its Shores”: Cross-cultural Encounters and International affairs in the Eastern Mediterranean, eds. Ö.Çaykent-L.Zavagno. London-New York: I.B. Tauris, (in press).
- “Amastris (Paphlagonia): A Study in Byzantine Urban History between Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages’. In The Black Sea, Paphlagonia, Pontus and Phrygia in Antiquity. Aspects of archaeology and ancient history, ed. G.R. Tsetskhladze (Oxford: British Archaeological Reports-Archaeopress, (Oxford: BAR-Archeopress, 2012): 273-84.
- “La “Transizione Dolce”: il Mediterraneo Orientale fra Tarda Antichità e Alto Medioevo (ca. 550-ca. 750). In Confluenze del Mediterraneo fra Storia e Letteratura, ed. M.Salerno: 32-61. (Genoa: Liguori Editore, 2012).
- “‘Betwixt the Greeks and the Saracens’, coins and coinage in Cyprus in the seventh and eighth centuries”. In Byzantion 81 (2011): 448-443.
- ‘“The care of the herd of students: my way of life, joys, sorrows, everything”: teaching and education in the Byzantine world (300-1204 A.D.)”. In Knowledge, Difference and History in the time of Globalisation, ed. J. Kusch, 234-287. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholarly Press, 2011.
- “Mediterranean Worlds or Worlds of the Mediterranean”. In Mediterranean Worlds: Cultures of Interpretation. Proceedings of the I MedWorlds Conference, Famagusta 3-6 June 2009’, eds.T. Khoo, V. Marotta and L.Zavagno, Journal of Intercultural Studies 31(3) 2010: 238-47.
- “La città bizantina tra il V e il IX secolo: le prospettive storiografiche”. In Reti Medievali – Rivista, IX, 2008, url: <http://www.storia.unifi.it/_RM/rivista/saggi/Zavagno_08_1.htm>
Non-peer reviewed articles
- ‘The non-state economy of Cyprus in the Seventh and Eighth centuries: “Vessels for trade’. In EMU Research Newsletter 3 (2012): 9-11.
- ‘An Island in Transition: Cyprus in the Passage from Late Antiquity to the Early Middle Ages (500-800 A.D.)’. In EMU Research Newsletter 3 (2010): 5-8. http://research.emu.edu.tr/newsletter/news_22.pdf [retrieved 01.02.2011].
- “De-Constructing and Re-Constructing the Byzantine City: the Case of Ephesus Between Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages”. In The British Bulletin of Byzantine Studies (BBBS), 33 (2007):101.
- “‘Le Due Venezie’: Landscape, Settlement Patterns and Trade Routes in ‘Venetia’ Between Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages”. In The British Bulletin of Byzantine Studies (BBBS), 30 (2004): 95.
- “Playing in the City: the Ludic Dimension Between Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages”. In The British Bulletin of Byzantine Studies (BBBS), 29 (2003): 73.
- M. Montanari, Medieval Tastes: Fodd, Cooking, and the Table (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History), (New York: Columbia Univ. Press, 2015). In Mediterranean Historical Review, forthcoming.
- J.Scott Petre, Crusader Castle of Cyprus: the Fortifications under the Lusignans (1191-1489) (Nicosia: Kentro Epistêmonikôn Ereunôn, 2012). In Speculum. A journal of medieval studies, forthcoming.
- M.K. Walsh, N. Coureas and P.Edbury, eds., Medieval and Renaissance Famagusta. Studies in Architecture, Art and History (Burlington: Ashgate, 2012). In Speculum. A journal of medieval studies, 88.4 (2013), 1324-5.
- T.Scott, The city-state in Europe, 1000-1600 (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2012). In The Economic History Review 66/2 (2013), 668-9.
- Translator: E. Gentile, The Italian Road to Totalitarianism (Totalitarianism Movements and Political Religion. Routledge: London, 2009.